For the purpose of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is Great American Europe Limited of 32 Queen Square, Bristol, BS1 4ND. Great American Europe Limited is a member of Great American Insurance Group.
1. What kind of data do we collect and hold about you?
You can access the Website and browse without disclosing your personal data. However, if you review or browse our Website we may collect the following personal data about you:
- Information you provide by filling out forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. These include your name, home and mobile telephone numbers and email addresses, and other personal information from you that you volunteer to us while using our services, for instance, to correspond with you in connection with a job application or to respond to a request from you for information about our products and services;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provides; and
- Details of your visit to the website and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies, including but not limited to, your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access [although this information is not united with your other personal information].
2. How we use your data
We may use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- fulfilling your requests or to develop our business relationship with the company you represent (or you);
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to analyse it to develop our products, services and systems, and to understand our customers’ requirements;
- where you have submitted your personal data in conjunction with a job application, to evaluate your application;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to determine your suitability to be granted access to the Website or our products.
3. Disclosure to third parties
We may also permit selected third parties and agents to use your personal data, for the purposes set out in paragraph 2 above who will be subject to obligations to process such data in compliance with the same safeguards that we deploy, and in compliance with legal requirements.
In the event that we (or a part thereof) are (i) subject to negotiations for the sale of our business (ii) are sold to a third party or (iii) undergo a reconstruction, you agree that any of your personal data which we hold may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party and used for the same purposes set out herein.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties, the court service and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with proceedings or investigations anywhere in the world, or in order to enable us to comply with our regulatory requirements or dialogue with our regulators, as applicable
5. Data may be exported to other countries
Your personal data may be accessed by those who need it to provide or support the provision of products or services to you, and may be transferred to, and/or stored at a destination outside of the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), including the USA in which data protection laws may be of a lower standard than in the UK. Regardless of location where your personal data is accessed for such purpose, it will be managed and protected in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
6. Data security
We do not sell your personal data to anyone. While we strive to protect your data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any data you transmit to us electronically, and you do so at your own risk. However, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data in accordance with data protection legislative requirements. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and is accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards.
The Website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
7. How can you review recorded data about you?
Under applicable data protection law, you have the right to access and inspect applicable data that we hold about you. To access your data please send a written request to the address in section 8 below, stating that you would like to access your data.
You also have the right to request that we correct any data that you believe is incorrect. To amend your data, please send us a written request, at the address in section 8, stating what data you believe needs correcting. If you submit a request to amend your data, we will investigate. If we agree, we will use all reasonable endeavours to correct our records. Even if we do not correct the data, you have the right to file with us a written statement of dispute, which we will include, in any future disclosure of the data.
8. How can you contact us?
Head of Compliance
Great American Europe Limited
32 Queen Square